I know it has been since November 2012 since my last post; my day job has kept me busier than ever. I have managed to keep up with my reading (writing not so much, however I have an outline in the works for a new story and I am editing a story I wrote early last year). Here is the books I have read recently and a brief synopsis; I recommend each.
- The Breach by Patrick Lee. I was nearly finished with this book back in November and finished reading shortly thereafter. A thriller with a science fiction flare; as I mention previously, if you are a fan of Fringe you will enjoy this novel. Good character development and is the first of 3 in a series.
- Resurrect by Kane Gilmour. You may know of this author if you have read any of Jeremy Robinson novel as he was the co-author. This is his first solo novel and it is very good thriller. What I particularly enjoyed is the action scene. Kane does an excellent job of showing you the action instead of telling you the action.
- Final Dawn Season 1 by Mike Kraus. I first read episode one in the series and later found I could download the entire first season on my Kindle. This is an apocalyptic episodic series (six episodes in season 1) of how four people survive and adapt, both individually and as a group.
I won’t wait so long to post next time so until then
I know, I know, it has been since August 22 when I last posted anything. The downside to having a full-time day job is that sometimes it is consuming. To be perfectly honest, I haven’t written much during this time either, however, I have managed to keep up with reading, which is a good thing. So over the past 3 month here are the books that I have read; I would recommend each. As you will see, I have read from a variety of genre’s which keep my interest. On more than one occasion have I felt compelled to write, but alas, I did not arise to the call. I will say though I will pick up the pencil and paper again shortly.
So without further adieu, here is my short list of books that I have read:
- Nostradamus Revelation: An Omega Sector Thriller by Vincent Pauletti- I enjoyed this treasure hunt to stop the world from destruction. Non-stop action and well written.
- The Columbus Affair by Steve Berry – As those of you who regularly read my blog, this isn’t a surprise as I am a Steve Berry fan. A good read; however it isn’t a Cotton Malone story, but a stand alone.
- Final Dawn: Episode 1 by Mike Kraus – this is an episodic book in Kindle format. It is an apocalyptic story of 4 survivors. I haven’t read Episode 2 and from what I understand there are 5 or 6 episodes.
- The Breach by Patrick Lee – I am nearly finished with this book. It is a thriller that has a science fiction flare. If you are at all a fan of the television show Fringe, you will enjoy this book. It is the first of three in the series.
Until next time,